[pcductape] Re: Shall I drop kick the printer?

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jan L. Hodges" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:40:16 -0500

Hi Jan,

JLH> While attempting to print a chart, I eventually ended up with nothing but
JLH> background. Then when I tried it again, the printer went through all the

Can you clarify what you mean by "background"?

Is it a problem with the chart, or do you have trouble with printing
other things as well? You seem to be implying later that it's a
printer problem, but many apparent printer problems are actually
problems with the cartridge (try a brand new cartridge from Epson),
even if it's supposedly new, or a problem with the driver, or a
problem with the document in question.

If the printer driver isn't aware that you changed the cartridge, then
it'll register an incorrect ink level.

--Scott.