[pcductape] Re: Shall I drop kick the printer?

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:35:30 -0500

Hi Jan,
Hi Lisa,

I have read with interest the articles you have written about Epson printers
and it kind of surprise me that their quality has deteriorated so much.
Use to be that HP (Hewlett-Packard) was always number 1 and Epson was always
number 2 as the best printers in the land.   After HP purchased Compaq
Computers, HP has been upgrading all their printers.  One of the major
discount stores that has inventory of HP printers is Wal-Mart and now that
Wal-Mart is in a national program to enter the grocery business in ALL it's
location they will close out an old Wal-Mart store to more inventory into a
new SuperDuper Wal-Mart store and I've noticed that HP printers sometimes
are put on sale at such low prices I buy one just to have it (impulse
buying).   I recently purchased a $350  value HP psc 750 for $99 and it is
the best printer I have ever owned.   It will print or scan or copy.
It's the best scanner I have ever owned.   I can scan for pictures or for
text files and its easy to edit the text files.

Kenny Rogers use to sing a song about one had to know when to hold his cards
and one had to know when to fold his cards.    He was singing a love ballet
but using the game of poker as to demonstrate.    Same with printers or
other machines;   there is a time that it is just not cost effective (in
labor) to keep fooling around with an old printer that has gone to printer
heaven.   :-)    As to the game of love, once you got a winner, don't fold.
I've been holding my winner since high school and that was in '59.