[pcductape] Shall I drop kick the printer?

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <Siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:20:30 -0500

While attempting to print a chart, I eventually ended up with nothing but
background. Then when I tried it again, the printer went through all the
motions but nothing appeared on the page. I checked the status monitor to
confirm that I had ink and although the color inkjet registered as low, it
didn't appear to be out.

After making the situation worse, I finally uninstalled everything to do
with the printer and re-installed. Now the status monitor showed that I was
completely out of color. I had to wait until my replacement order was
delivered. I went ahead and replaced both cartridges although the black
showed as being 1/2 full.

Printer once again goes through the motions, cartridge or inkject holder
whatever the heck it is called, goes back and forth BUT IT IS A SHAM!!!!
(last five words should be read in a high-pitched scream for accuracy).

Now the status monitor shows the black cartridge is 1/2 full but it is brand
new. And nothing is showing up on the page. Except for that lone tear drop
as I lean over the printer.

Any ideas on what I could check? Even if it includes prices for a
replacement printer.

Jan