[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: "Carl" <Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 03:56:47 -0600

Hi Sandi,
The 1st thing today is to try the Windows 2000 cd and "repair" the Windows.
This unit came to me from Dell with Windows 2000 Professional on it and has
never failed;  until now.   One of my customers came in to pay his bill and saw
the error message and said "It's the new virus going around".   I've not heard
of a new virus doing this.   Of course, I'm sure one can.  The surprise is this
unit has the most recent updates of AVG 7 and SpywareBlocker.   I'm thinking
the hard drive has died, rather than a virus.