[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:40:33 -0900

what if you can't boot from your cd??
Boofdfg command to repair the Boot.ini
what is this..?
can this be created onto a bootable floppy?

"+" Merry Christmas Everyone

Huntress wrote:

I moved this over to Freelists due to the technical nature and the fact that I posted an answer a long time ago on Topica and it still hasn't shown up.
*Stop 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
*WinXP can not locate the system partition or boot volume. This error may occur after repartition or upgrading of the disk controller. The boot.ini file may no longer point to the correct partitions or the hardware may not be configured properly
Try the Recovery Console and use the Boofdfg command to repair the Boot.ini file.
Boot from WindowsXP CD and "Repair" the Windows.