[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:51:34 -0600

Hi Trapper,
No, the customer was suggesting that I got the virus from visiting a porn site.
   Although I don't do porn, my 17 year old secretary did about a year ago.
Could a virus stay on my system that long?    After all the scans I run.    I
even run scans while connected to the Internet.   I really don't think I have a

Yes, the computer repair shop did NOT fix the problem with "About:blank".    I
ran a full AVG scan and it came in clean.   I ran an Ad-Aware scan and it came
in clean.   I ran Spybot and it came back with CoolWebSearch and I removed it
using Spybot;   but it will be there again the next time I scan.

I guess I will have to purchase a program to remove CoolWebSearch properly.
I've heard that  SpyCatcher is a good program that will remove CoolWebSearch;
has anyone any experience with  SpyCatcher ?