[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carl <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 06:47:51 -0600

Hi Carl,

Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 1:19:42 AM, you wrote:

C> My computer is on my desk and I show my customers their website
C> page as I write the insurance policy or correct a policy already
C> issued or take a payment.   I show the customer how I give them
C> credit for a payment right in Farmers Insurance Group website.
C> It's what I do.    The customer came in to make a payment on his
C> account and I had to hand write him a hand written receipt.   I
C> showed him my sick commuter's screen and he had seen such an error
C> message before and that is when he said a new virus is out and that
C> the new virus is from a porn site.    After I gave him a piece of
C> my mind, he probably will not be my customer any more.   But that's
C> ok.   The good Lord will probably send me 2 or 3 to replace him.

Cussing out customers isn't necessarily a good idea.  :)  He probably
meant well, and didn't necessarily mean that YOU were surfing porn
sites.

Are your employees perhaps savvy enough to run Cleanup3 themselves?

If you haven't run a full virus scan lately on the system, perhaps you
should; it's easy for a virus to infect a system before signatures are
updated or before users are aware of what new signs to look for.

--
Scott.

Take a look at our homepage at http://pc-ductape.home.comcast.net/