[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:59:33 -0900

Yes I understood that, but was wondering if that was what he was saying was wrong with Carls computer. Sounded to me like he was saying just clean your memory and all will be ok again...I still believe he has to start with the registry..
Replace it or re-install it...I am thinking that if all is nuked to 0, re-partitioned and all that stuff..then the computer will come back into play. Can't see why not from this end. But hey I have been wrong before..One time way back last century...ha!
Once it is fixed the rest of the stuff will fall into place..
I of course am assuming that the drives are in physical contact..that is not unplugged.

I find this little scenario interesting.. His computer is in the shop and all of us who are 1000;s of miles away are trying to second guess what happened and is happening..We must really be bored...ha!

Huntress wrote:

He's saying that he has had this happen on a few Dells recently and the problem was with the RAM contacts becoming dirty so you have to take them out and clean them with a pencil eraser and put them back in. The "dirt" is actually carbon deposits that can be caused by voltage fluctuations. :-)
Sandi