[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:41:01 -0900

Are you saying that a re-seating of his memory is all that is needed??

David Emery wrote:

I have run into a few Dells lately that I have had to remove and clean the memory with an eraser and reseat them, caused all kinds of problems from no boot to erratic problems. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Dave
At 02:19 AM 12/18/2004 -0600, you wrote:

*Hi De,*
*I cannot boot to bios.*
*I cannot boot to A drive.*
*I cannot boot to my CD drive.*
*I cannot boot to my DVD drive.*
*I was able to run Dell's dynastic (I used Ctrl+Alt+D keys) and both drives are ok. I still cannot boot to bios nor any drives, although I do see the light come on when I turn the computer back on; that is the A drive lights up and the CD drive lights up (the DVD drive does not light up), yet the system will not stop on A nor CD drives. It will only go to the blue screen with the error message.*
*I no longer have possession of the machine; it's in my friend's computer repair shop.*
*Carl*

----- Original Message ----- From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx <mailto:DGrell7446@xxxxxxx> To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 7:58 PM Subject: [pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

    In a message dated 12/17/04 1:49:56 PM Central Standard Time,
    ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm thinking the registry is
corrupt and maybe non exist. Maybe a virus or Trojan
delete my registry. A good lesson in all this is to make
a copy of the registry and put it on a cd for safe
keeping. But, my issue is, I cannot get to an A nor CD
prompt.

Carl My crash was caused by an inproper shutdown. Check your bios setup for the first boot device and set it to
what you would like. When I totally wiped the drive (I could not get the repair
program to run) and reinstalled I had to boot from the 4 floppy
disks that I made from the Win2000 make a disk directory and then
it directed setup to the CD and it installed Win2000. If you have not made these disks and need a NTFS boot disk (to
read your hard drive so you know that it is ok) go to NTFS.com
(hope that is the correct address) and get one. That is where I
got one and was able to read my hard drive. Alot to the disk that
I was not sure of, it is a neat disk tho. HTH De

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.