[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: David Emery <emery800@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:11:58 -0500

I have run into a few Dells lately that I have had to remove and clean the memory with an eraser and reseat them, caused all kinds of problems from no boot to erratic problems. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Dave
At 02:19 AM 12/18/2004 -0600, you wrote:

Hi De,

I cannot boot to bios.
I cannot boot to A drive.
I cannot boot to my CD drive.
I cannot boot to my DVD drive.

I was able to run Dell's dynastic (I used Ctrl+Alt+D keys) and both drives are ok. I still cannot boot to bios nor any drives, although I do see the light come on when I turn the computer back on; that is the A drive lights up and the CD drive lights up (the DVD drive does not light up), yet the system will not stop on A nor CD drives. It will only go to the blue screen with the error message.

I no longer have possession of the machine; it's in my friend's computer repair shop.