[pcductape] Re: STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:58:51 EST

In a message dated 12/17/04 1:49:56 PM Central Standard Time,
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm thinking the same thing.   I'm thinking the registry is corrupt and
> maybe non exist.   Maybe a virus or Trojan delete my registry.    A good
> lesson
> in all this is to make a copy of the registry and put it on a cd for safe
> keeping.    But, my issue is, I cannot get to an A nor CD prompt.

   My crash was caused by an inproper shutdown.
   Check your bios setup for the first boot device and set it to what you
would like.
   When I totally wiped the drive (I could not get the repair program to run)
and reinstalled I had to boot from the 4 floppy disks that I made from the
Win2000 make a disk directory and then it directed setup to the CD and it
installed Win2000.
    If you have not made these disks and need a NTFS boot disk (to read your
hard drive so you know that it is ok) go to NTFS.com (hope that is the correct
address) and get one. That is where I got one and was able to read my hard
drive. Alot to the disk that I was not sure of, it is a neat disk tho.