[pcductape] STOP error (moved to Freelists)

  • From: "Huntress" <sanneumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC-Ductape Freelists" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:24:13 -0500

I moved this over to Freelists due to the technical nature and the fact that I
posted an answer a long time ago on Topica and it still hasn't shown up.

Stop 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
WinXP can not locate the system partition or boot volume. This error may occur
after repartition or upgrading of the disk controller. The boot.ini file may no
longer point to the correct partitions or the hardware may not be configured
properly
Try the Recovery Console and use the Boofdfg command to repair the Boot.ini
file.
Boot from WindowsXP CD and "Repair" the Windows.