[pcductape] Re: STOP error - Blue Screen

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:32:10 -0600

Hey Trapper,

I went to google.com and did a search for "STOP:  0X000007B    INACCESSIBLE
Boot Device", which is the error message I got on my Windows 2000 unit (when it
was sick)  and google search revealed:
"  "STOP:0x000007B Inaccessible Boot Device" message when booting Windows NT.

Release
Microsoft Windows NT 3.5x

Problem
The following STOP message appears when you restart a computer with Windows NT:
STOP: 0x0000007B Inaccessible Boot Device.

Cause
This problem may caused by a boot sector virus. Check any disks for viruses
that may have been used in the computer since the last time you were able to
successfully restart it.

Solution If a virus has already infected the Windows NT computer, and the virus
cannot be removed, then the operating system will have to be reloaded. If
reinstalling the operating system will not remove the virus, the disk drive
will have to be low-level formatted.
Now, I am really confused.   The computer repair man told me the Windows 2000
operating system was corrupted due to Service Pack 4 but the google search says
a virus caused the error.    Who am I to believe?