[pcductape] Re: STOP error - Blue Screen

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:10:15 -0900

Carl I honestly don't believe it was anything to do with memory chips. None of what you have said would add up to anything doing with memory..
Debugging means it is fixing itself..so why do anything during that process..???
you could use the ctrl-Alt-del. to stop it I suppose..
I would just let it run it's process. If it is going to mess it up anyhow what is the difference..Pulling a plug in the middle of a process is not what we want to do..
The key here is " Middle" or as in " already started" Then that would still depend on what has started and if the computer can restore itself after re-boot, assuming you can re-boot.
If you want to prove this out, I suppose you could mimmick the process all over...Mess it all up again and see if the memory is where it is at..or another way would be to research it thru yourself and see what happens.
Now that your back up on line another thing you could do is punch the error msg into the Internet and see what comes up.

Carl wrote:

Trapper, Actually I was in Outlook Express and it was in the process of "debuging" and would not shut down and that is why I pulled the plug. Now, you think it was Service Patch 4?
Two lessons I've learned:
1- When a blue screen appears, pull the memory chips myself,
2- Do not pull the plug when a program is "debuging".