[pcductape] Re: STOP error - Blue Screen

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:56:11 -0900

I think their should be a place for you to go to and complain and get re-imbursed for the troubles..If I bought a toaster and the toaster burnt my house down cuz it wasn't right, you betcha their would be a lot of recall and insurance claims etc..
if you "DL" a software product by MS and it crashes your computer and cost you $ and down time then why should that be any different than a toaster.
I wonder if in that small prints somewhere it has a disclaimer. Probably does.. Evidently that service pack 4 was re-witting your stuff when you pulled the plug on it..?
I know some of these "DL" advise to backup ( theres that crazy word again) before you start a install. In case of a power outage or something..!

Carl wrote:

The DL was Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.