[pcductape] Re: STOP error - Blue Screen

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard_Crumlich <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:18:21 -0600

Hi Richard

Thursday, December 23, 2004, 2:02:55 AM, you wrote:

R> On a MB if all other checks make it appear the MB is at fault..
R> remove all external wiring.. IE power light HD activity light etc..
R> leave MB main Molex and supplemental on newer processors / MB
R> ...connected... jump power switch pins with a paper clip etc... if
R> it posts.. reconnect one at a time.. most indicators are LED's they
R> can short out... again power drain means no power good signal... no
R> POST no Boot ...

Speaking of external wiring, don't forget wiring external to the case,
also, such as the mouse, keyboard, monitor, power cable, etc. I've
seen several systems that seem to play dead unless a mouse is hooked
up, power cables that look perfectly ok but just plain don't work,
etc.

--
Scott.

Take a look at our homepage at http://pc-ductape.home.comcast.net/