[pcductape] Re: STOP error - Blue Screen

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:41:23 -0900

I bet you would have..but first you needed to be able to boot the computer on be it to the cd or to the hd..
My understanding was you could not boot to any of these..
I don't understand why all the fuss over this..You asked..I gave my thoughts on what was wrong..Now it's like everyone is mad at me for trying to help out..! Next time I will shut up and not give any advice..Like everyone is upset cuz I was right and they can't figure out why or what the tech guy did..It had nothing to do with memory, nothing to do with bios...
Btm line was your boot was shot, your windows was shot..who cares why it was shot now, or how it became that way. Who even cares who was right..it got fixed..that should be the end of the story..
It has been a long day..nothing has gone right..and it's Christmas..So lets be of good cheer.! I could use some.
I'll even settle for a cup of coffee..

Carl wrote:

Hey Trapper,
If I could have booted to cd drive, I would have used my cd to repair windows2000.

    */Simple! He had a boot problem that he could have fixed with a
    new boot record..That is simple enough to fix..providing your not
    trying to save information..which he wasn't..once he had that
    fixed he could then re-installed windows or re-load it, or
    re-stored it back to a prior date..Prior to the bug. I think a
    complete overhaul would have been  the best way to go..!
    /*

Ok, so we learned the machine would not boot; how would a computer repair person have succeeded in getting the machine to boot?