[pcductape] Re: STOP error - Blue Screen

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:36:30 -0600

Hey Trapper,
If I could have booted to cd drive, I would have used my cd to repair
windows2000.
  Simple! He had a boot problem that he could have fixed with a new boot
record..That is simple enough to fix..providing your not trying to save
information..which he wasn't..once he had that fixed he could then re-installed
windows or re-load it, or re-stored it back to a prior date..Prior to the bug.
I think a complete overhaul would have been  the best way to go..!

Ok, so we learned the machine would not boot;   how would a computer repair
person have succeeded in getting the machine to boot?