[pcductape] Re: STOP error - Blue Screen

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:57:02 -0900

I would tend to believe the msg..it is put out by the makers.
As you can see there is no mention of memory..is is the OS being corrupt and in your case the boots disk as well..this would lead me towards the fat table being messed up..a fsisk/mbr might have worked as well. Fdisk is of course going to nuke it all down..if you just re-installed the windows it says it might still be there. This would tell me that the bug is not in I wonder but outside of windows affecting boot and windows. I would have gone with the least and quickest method ( fix windows) first. Then if it still was messed up I would have gone with the fdisk and format.
The only part of this msg that bothers me is the "windows NT.."???
When a boot drive is inaccessible it usually means that the FAT is messed up. Dos considers these tables to be so important that it will make two of them, so that when one goes down the other can be put in place.
Do a search on them and read about them..Good stuff to know..Read about low level formatting also..!

Carl wrote:
Hey Trapper,
I went to google.com and did a search for "STOP:  0X000007B    INACCESSIBLE Boot Device", which is the error message I got on my Windows 2000 unit (when it was sick)  and google search revealed:
" "STOP:0x000007B Inaccessible Boot Device" message when booting Windows NT.

Microsoft Windows NT 3.5x

The following STOP message appears when you restart a computer with Windows NT: STOP: 0x0000007B Inaccessible Boot Device.

This problem may caused by a boot sector virus. Check any disks for viruses that may have been used in the computer since the last time you were able to successfully restart it.

Solution If a virus has already infected the Windows NT computer, and the virus cannot be removed, then the operating system will have to be reloaded. If reinstalling the operating system will not remove the virus, the disk drive will have to be low-level formatted.
Now, I am really confused.   The computer repair man told me the Windows 2000 operating system was corrupted due to Service Pack 4 but the google search says a virus caused the error.    Who am I to believe?