[pcductape] Re: Routers

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:26:40 -0800

Hi Elaine,

I use a Linksys.

You know you don't need one for just two computers, but you do need a
special cable that is different from what you use with the routers. I can't
remember what they call it at the moment.

If you get a router, don't mix this one up with the other cables used with
the router.

The router is sort of a switcher, which directs data to the computer you
want info from, and not the ones you don't.

I would try to get this going without the router.