[pcductape] Re: Router

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:34:07 -0600

Hi Trapper,

The word "brownout" is  a local slang word here in the Houston
area meaning that we lost total electrical power for a minute
or two or sometimes as long as 5 minutes.   I do not know what
causes it.    The local rumors are that the local power
company is switching electricity from an area of "low use" to
an area of "high use".   This happens on a average of 2 to 3
times a week.    My problem is when I'm working in the Farmers
Insurance database "the input data" is not automatically saved
until we finish the entry and "send" the data to Underwriting
and then it's saved.    Sometimes it takes 30 - 40 minutes to
input one policy.   When a brownout hits and I'm in the middle
of inputting information into Farmers AS400 system (the
world's worst software program), it's takes a lot of control
to avoid saying words of angry.   My office is located out
here  in the suburbs and the heavy users of electricity are
those huge buildings in downtown Houston.    At times I begin
to think it's Enron employees practicing for another
"Blackout" of power in California.