[pcductape] Re: Router

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:36:54 -0600

Hey,

That's the very same one I have.
No problems except;
here in this part of Texas we have "brownouts" or power surges
about 2/3 times a week for only a minute or two and for some
reason I lose the cable connection to Road Runner.   I have
found that if I turn off the computer (no power) and unplug
the cable modem and unplug the router and wait 10 seconds and
then turn every thing back on, my connection comes back up.
I wonder if someone can explain why?

The "brownouts" I do not understand either.    Someone
explained a few years ago that it was the power company making
switches from one light use area into a heavy use area, but
why the brownout.

Or, Maybe it's Enron pulling their dirty tricks.   :-)