[pcductape] Re: Router

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:30:38 -0500

It is a good router and will keep most like to be hackers out of your
system. One thing you should do is enter 192.168.1.1 in the url field of
your browser and hit enter, there is no username and the password is admin
lower case, you should change the IP to 192.168.X.X where X is a number you
know and also change the password to something other then admin as all
Linksys come this way and you will have better protection. I do not like
Norton products, they are memory hogs and have been known to cause problems,
however, it is user preference. I also think McAfee rates a minus 10 on a
scale of 1-10, 10 being good. :>)
I use tiny personal firewall on my laptop as I am on the road a lot.