[pcductape] Restricted sites on the Internet

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>,"pcductape pcductape" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:14:39 -0500

Hi Group,

It seems I'm the only one coming to the trough for help.   I'm not ashamed;  I
need help.

My daughter is using an eMachine T1090 with Microsoft Windows xp
preinstalled.   She is also using Outlook Express 6 and Internet Explorer 6.
She (me) has checked for Trojans, virus and worms and the computer is clean.
However, she is unable to access restricted web sites like her bank and her
marykayintouch.com sites.    She did have the blaster worm some weeks ago but
it is no longer on the machine.   However, since the blaster worm she has been
unable to access the restricted sites.   What are we to do?

When one goes to a restricted site and entry is forbidden, Microsoft gives
several hints on how to set the Internet Explorer 6 and I followed each and
every one.  Still no success.

Any suggestions?