[pcductape] Re: Receive and Send Faxes

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Elaine <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:39:09 -0600

Hello Elaine,

E> Can you run a dial-up modem and a cable modem on the same computer or is it
more trouble than its worth?.

E> I would like to be able to receive and send Faxes and I know that the cable
modem wont do it so I did think about putting the modem card in to the computer
for faxing purposes only, anyone know if
E> this would work ok.

Why not?  They're totally separate devices.

If you're gonna try to use Internet on the modem at the same time as
the cable modem is going, you may get confused...

Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx