[pcductape] Re: Question about Photo program.

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:35:17 +0200

I am assuming that MDAC components are needed by the program not to send info out but rather to "work" on pictures and galleries within your own computer - these often are "seen" by these programs as a database [to sort, choose compare etc etc] so IMHO you don't really have anything to worry about.

Ray Spitz wrote:

Sandi, hi

Thanks for the resonse.
It's that "sharing" part that has me concerned.
I can already do all the other things that you mentioned; email, slide show,
pix-formats, etc.
There is no MDAC file currently found on my system. I did find an old text
file in the "common" folder dated 1999 that seems to relate MDAC to SQL &
FOXPRO data base pgms (mostly incomprehensible to me ).
This Photo pgm looked interesting to me, and I do download lots of freeware
just to see what they can do, but I think I'll pass on this one.

By the way, what is that 46-byte tp-1.gif attachment on your email ?.
I can't tell what the image is in irfan-view.

thanks again, Ray Spitz

TTFN – Vic /

affection of children;
friends;