[pcductape] Question about Photo program.

  • From: "Ray Spitz" <rspitz8207@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:59:02 -0400

Hi All,

This is just a question as opposed to an actual problem. I downloaded a free
32MB photo edit program ie: "Studio Line Photo Basic". The install-program
requires me to download and install Microsoft MDAC v-2.8 (Microsoft Data
Access Components ie; MDAC). Microsoft describes this as a type of "server
pgm". None of my other photo programs require this file.
I have not installed any of this stuff yet. At this point I don't plan to
either.
I don't want a server facility on my computer. I am, however, curious about
the intent of the photo-pgm supplier. Is this "malware"? Am I being paranoid
again ?

best regards to all,               Ray Spitz