[pcductape] Re: Question: Norton Antivirus Definitions for April9th

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:10:40 -0400

Hi Scott,

   Yes, GoBack deletes any changes that you made to your computer from
the date you go back to up to now.  I went back 6 days, which was the
first "Safe Point".  I probably could have just went back to yesterday
morning when everything was ok, but I wanted to start from a Safe Point.
The only thing I had (that I remember) that was important that was
deleted was a folder that had about 60 pictures of the baby that I had
recently downloaded from my digital camera.  I don't save the pictures
in my camera, I delete them to free up room for more pictures. What I
should have done was back them up right away after I downloaded them,
but I didn't. All of my emails from 4/6- to yesterday were also deleted.
I guess it's a safety feature so in case you have a virus or something,
it gets rid of everything so that you get rid of the problem.

Lisa