[pcductape] Re: Question: Norton Antivirus Definitions for April 9th

  • From: "Martha Bagwell" <mabagwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:41:48 -0500

MessageLisa, I have heard there was a problem with the latest LiveUpdate for
Norton Firewall, so that may be the problem.  I belong to a Yahoo group for
Norton and one of the members works for Symantec. He warned us not to use
LiveUpdate for Norton Internet Security until a bug was fixed that is causing
problems.  (He did not say what problems.) But I had already run LiveUpdate
last nite.  So far I have not experienced any problems.

Are you trying to download the virus definitions from the web site or are you
using LiveUpdate?  If you are using LiveUpdate, try going to the website
instead & download direct from the site (bypass LiveUpdate).

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/download/pages/US-N95.html

The above link is the download page.  Current file is for today, April 11.  I
always update here & just select run from here rather that download.  Works
just great.  I am using version 2003, but this page is for all versions.

Sorry can't help you with Netscape mail, I have never used it.

Martha

Martha's Web
http://www.keyboardpower.com