[pcductape] Protect yourselves

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:28:55 -0500

Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to remind everyone that if you haven't updated your virus
protection software in the last day or 2 to be sure and do so.  Someone on
the list has contracted a virus which is sending itself to others.  If you
aren't running a good anti virus program already then I urge you to get one
immediately.  The cost is well worth it! If you just cant afford to buy one
right now there are some decent free AV apps out there but they don't
usually protect as well.

According to Hackfix.org the following AV programs are rated at 100%
detection:

PC Cillin
http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/desktop/pc-cillin/evaluate/overview.ht

Norman (NOT Norton-Norton is currently rated at 95%)
http://www.norman.com/

McAfee
http://download.mcafee.com/eval/evaluate2.asp

Kaspersky
http://www.kasperskylabs.com/

Antidote
http://www.vintage-solutions.com/English/Antivirus/Super/index.html

--

AntiVir is a good free one, currently rated at 97%
http://www.hbedv.com/index.html

Take care,