[pcductape] Programs load slow

  • From: "Carl" <Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:59:01 -0500

Hi Guys,

I am running Windows XP SP2 here on my home unit and the system is very slow
the program loads, the normal functions of the program are normal.     The type
of programs vary from word processors to spreadsheets to database to email
program to web browser.    They all load slow.

History:   Shortly after I installed SP2, I began to get an error message that
Easy CD Creator 6
required an updated driver for SP2.   I go to Roxio website and cannot download
the driver;   I get a message to upgrade to CD Creator 7 for only $69.95, which
I don't want to do.   I only wanted the driver.   I sent an email to Roxio
support and they have never answer.  Does anyone know how I can download this
driver?

In the meantime, I uninstalled Easy CD Creator 6 and I no longer get the error
message;   but they is when my Programs started to load very, very slow.   I'm
talking 1-2 minutes for Quicken, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express,
Word, Excel, Explorer, and others;  no exception.

Other actions taken;   daily updates to eTrust Anti-Virus Program, daily
updates to SpywareBlocker; daily updates to Spybot & scan, daily updates to
Ad-aware & scan.   System appears to be clear of virus, Trojans & other
unwanted programs.

Any suggestions?

Carl
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Writer
Windows xp SP2 not comptable with Easy Cd Creator 6

Carl
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.carlmartininsurance.com