[pcductape] Problem resolved - Internet Explorer is working

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:29:18 -0600

Hi David, Trapper, Pam, Bob, Bob, Vic, Martha,  and all you
guys,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
My problem was spyware.
Trapper was the 1st to suggest I run ad-aware and I paid no
attention.   I scuff it off.   I even pohoo the suggestion.
I apologize Trapper.   Others of you said it was spyware and
to get rid of the junk in my startup menu.   I must confess
most of that stuff I did not install.     At  your
suggestions, I download Ad-Aware using Opera and then I had to
reboot to safemode to install the software.    I ran Ad-Aware
in safemode and it identified 142 offenders, including
registry keys, files, and 6 folders.   I deleted them all.
Then I rebooted and I can now open Internet Explorer 6 and
Windows Explorer.

My deepest thanks to all of you.
I still cannot find my Windows xp cd.   :-(
Maybe my granddaughter has it.  :-)