[pcductape] Printer running out of resources

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:41:39 -0500

Hi Guys,

My office computer is giving me an error message "Out of Resources" (there are
no error numbers- just the text message) when I try to print after about the 3
successful printing job.   For example, I can print 3 different items and then
I try to print the fourth item using Adobe 5.1.0 and I get the error message.
When I reboot I can go back to that website and it will print the Adobe .pdf
file.   However, after the 3rd successful print, I cannot print the 4th.

Any comments what could be causing this.   Of course we will hear Bob, the
River Man, say I should reinstall the printer driver and of course I will.
But what caused this?

I just did a google search for "Printer Out of resources" and I see no useful
hits (lots of hits but none look promising).    I went to
http://support.microsoft.com/search/ and received about 20 hits on possible
conflicts but none are related.

As information my Windows 2000 Prof is on a 3 year old Dell and the windows
update site says there are 0 critical updates for my unit and 0 windows updates
and 0 driver updates.   However, I will still go to the Dell.com site and see
if maybe there is a new driver for this tired old computer.  Also, I do daily
virus and worms and trojans scan and there are none.

Ah ha, I just reread my message and I think I know what my problem is;   it's
Adobe.    So, after I reinstall the printer driver I will uninstall adobe and
reinstall it and see if that fix the problem.

Thanks for your ear.