[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Returnith 2 the fold :-)

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: alseonie <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:02:06 -0600

Hello Seonie,

a>   Ok! Well right clicked on the Harry Potter game that is on my desktop that
came through from the kids desktop. The location is .... C:Documentsand
Settings/All Users/Start Menu/P it is also in
a> C:Programme Files/EA Games/Harry Potter TM
a>   OK now right clicked on a file oon my desktop and that is AVG 6.0 for
windows, now the location for this is C:/Program Files/Grisoft/Avg6.Avgw.exe
this is also in my start/All Programs.
a>   Im not sure what you are looking for!

Hmmm... log onto the kids account, and download a file.  Be sure to
click on the "Desktop" button on the left.  Once you do that, go back
to your account and look to see if showed up on yours.  If it does,
then you'll need to go back to the kids account and use TweakUI to
reset the location of the desktop for that account.  Hopefully that's
the problem.

--Scott.

a>   Monday, March 10, 2003, 4:59:22 AM, you wrote:

a>   a> Hi! On this home computer I have a desktop and the kids have one.
a>   a> When they download games onto their desktop the icons and downloads
a>   a> are coming into mine and I dont know where to tick or untick to
a>   a> stop this happening. In windows ME or 98 I could go to USERS and
a>   a> their was an area to untick to keep desktops separate and private.
a>   a> With this Windows XP cant seem to find where to stop this
a>   a> happening.

a>   Right-click on one of their icons that's on your desktop and look at
a>   the LOCATION field to find out exactly where the file is.

a>   Also, right-click on a file (NOT a shortcut) on your own desktop which
a>   isn't on theirs to ceck its' location.

a>   Post the results here and maybe one of us can say something more
a>   definite.

a>   The feature that you mention in 95/98/ME is always on in XP, which
a>   means something else is wrong.

a>   --
a>   Best regards,
a>    Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx

a>   To unsubscribe from this list send an email to
a>   pcductape-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field
a>   OR by logging into the Web interface.

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx