[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Returnith 2 the fold :-)

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: alseonie <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:08:15 -0600

Hello Seonie,

Monday, March 10, 2003, 4:59:22 AM, you wrote:

a> Hi! On this home computer I have a desktop and the kids have one.
a> When they download games onto their desktop the icons and downloads
a> are coming into mine and I dont know where to tick or untick to
a> stop this happening. In windows ME or 98 I could go to USERS and
a> their was an area to untick to keep desktops separate and private.
a> With this Windows XP cant seem to find where to stop this
a> happening.

Right-click on one of their icons that's on your desktop and look at
the LOCATION field to find out exactly where the file is.

Also, right-click on a file (NOT a shortcut) on your own desktop which
isn't on theirs to ceck its' location.

Post the results here and maybe one of us can say something more
definite.

The feature that you mention in 95/98/ME is always on in XP, which
means something else is wrong.

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx