[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Returnith 2 the fold :-)

  • From: "alseonie" <alseonie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:59:22 +1300

  Hi! On this home computer I have a desktop and the kids have one. When they
download games onto their desktop the icons and downloads are coming into mine
and I dont know where to tick or untick to stop this happening. In windows ME
or 98 I could go to USERS and their was an area to untick to keep desktops
separate and private. With this Windows XP cant seem to find where to stop this
happening.

  Seonie

  Hello!

  Sunday, March 9, 2003, 6:38:18 AM, you wrote:

  S>     One thing wanted to ask if anyone knew, in the kids desktop when they
  S> download there games or put shortcuts on their desktop it comes up on mine
  S> and for the life of me cant seem to find where to stop that. Have windows
XP
  S> so still a bit confused where everything is.

  Can you clarify this?  "It" comes up on "mine" what?  Stuff that the
  kids download to their own desktop also appears on your desktop?  That
  *should* not happen with XP, unless the kids are downloading to the
  All Users desktop, and, unless they have admin access (*maybe* power
  user access), they shouldn't be able to do that.

  Home or Pro?  I don't know about Home, but it should be basically the
  same.

  --
  Best regards,
   Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx