[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Fw: Carl Martin Insurance web site

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:17:30 +0200

Depends what connection you use with the extrnal HDD

USB 1.0/1.1 = 12MB/sec
Firewire = 400MB/sec
USB 2.0 = 480MB/sec
Firewire2 = 800MB/sec

But if you are prepared to work a tad slower - there is no real difference except maybe in price.

TTFN - Vic

Pam wrote:
You make me sound better than I am (and much younger too).  =)
Actually, it started when I offered to help you learn while you wanted to build it yourself and it sort of blossomed from there.
So, did he get the hdd working again after he burned a copy of your data?
Speaking of hdd's does anyone have input on whether external hdd's are as fast or reliable as internal ones?
Hi Guys,
A couple of months ago I asked a question on this list "how does one prepare a website?" and several people responded when Deb said she would teach us.   Well I got 2 lessons done and then became very busy and lesson 3 was lost because I had to "restore" my main computer back to factory settings because of a very foolish stunt I pulled when I downloaded a file to "fix" my auto logon with Windows xp.   You may recall I could boot into safe mode but could not boot into regular mode and I tried each and every one of your suggestions.   Finally, I took the sick harddrive out and gave it to my son who put it in his computer as a slave and he made DVD's (they hold more data than cdr's) of all my data and gave the harddrive back to me and I restore the booger.   Anyway, back to my topic;   Pam, the young lady on our list who has her own highly successful Internet business down in South Texas wrote to me privately and said she would build me one and by George she did.    Her announcement of the finished product is below.
Comments are welcome.

To unsubscribe from this list send an email to pcductape-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface. To view the message archives simply go to: http://www.freelists.org/archives/pcductape/ Take a look at our homepage at http://pcductape.freewebpage.org/