[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Fw: Carl Martin Insurance web site

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:38:18 -0500

You make me sound better than I am (and much younger too).  =)
Actually, it started when I offered to help you learn while you wanted to
build it yourself and it sort of blossomed from there.

So, did he get the hdd working again after he burned a copy of your data?
Speaking of hdd's does anyone have input on whether external hdd's are as
fast or reliable as internal ones?

Pam

  Hi Guys,

  A couple of months ago I asked a question on this list "how does one
prepare a website?" and several people responded when Deb said she would
teach us.   Well I got 2 lessons done and then became very busy and lesson 3
was lost because I had to "restore" my main computer back to factory
settings because of a very foolish stunt I pulled when I downloaded a file
to "fix" my auto logon with Windows xp.   You may recall I could boot into
safe mode but could not boot into regular mode and I tried each and every
one of your suggestions.   Finally, I took the sick harddrive out and gave
it to my son who put it in his computer as a slave and he made DVD's (they
hold more data than cdr's) of all my data and gave the harddrive back to me
and I restore the booger.   Anyway, back to my topic;   Pam, the young lady
on our list who has her own highly successful Internet business down in
South Texas wrote to me privately and said she would build me one and by
George she did.    Her announcement of the finished product is below.

  Comments are welcome.

  Carl

  Introducing:    http://www.carlmartininsurance.com/