[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Browsers will not connect to Internet.

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 21:50:58 -0600

If I knew which patch it was I might be able to. It was a about a year ago
that I found what was causing it but if I remember correctly it gave a list
of several of their fixes that would have caused the problem. Several months
ago I went back to try and find the page/article that I'd had before and
couldn't find any references of it anymore.
I did do the winsock thing a few minutes ago though so I'll be testing it
soon. I tell ya, I've become so accustomed to the tabbed browsing feature of
Firefox that I just don't know if I could be completely happy with IE
anymore even if it did behave.
I read an article a month or 2 ago having to do with IE and why an IE7 has
not been released and they said that it was because MS was working on a
whole new from the bottom up browser. I would like confirmation that this is
so but haven't had the time to do any "want to" stuff. These days I only
have time for "have to" stuff.