[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Browsers will not connect to Internet.

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 21:23:40 -0600

After a lot of research I learned that one of MS's patches caused my
problem. It appeared to forget how to find a URL. It would look for *this*
URL on *that* site. *that* site would never be the same site. When I empty
my cache and go through and dump all my temp files that IE doesn't empty
then it behaves for a while. It's such a pain. Well, MS offered a patch to
fix the problem and sure enough, for the first week or 2 after I did the
patch it worked exactly like it is suppose to. Then it began doing its
forgetful act again. I live with it, use Firefox for all that I can and
suffer through IE when I must.
That's what made me say that maybe I could get lucky with this winsock fix.

Pam