[pcductape] Re: [PC-Ductape] Browsers will not connect to Internet.

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:52:12 -0800

     WinSockFix

This is a cool program that fixes a problem that I've run into a few times -- You can ping addresses over the internet, but other programs like Internet Explorer refuse to work. Usually this happens after you remove a program that has modified how your computer communicates with the internet (a software firewall, or some kind of spyware), so this program "restores registry keys, that may become corrupt after removing the host program that modified them." Since I found it, I have tried it on computers with problems connecting to the network/internet and have found that it fixes many other things as well. It works with Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, and XP.

     Download WinSockFix (661 Kb)

     I will email you the file as an attachment shortly as an attachment.

     I think Eric may be still in bed. :O)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl" <Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>