[pcductape] Re: Outlook Express

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:53:28 +0200

You don't really need .Net [said "Dot Net"], I have not loaded it on my
comp and it has nothing to do with security AFAIK.
The .NET Framework is a new feature of Windows. Applications built using
the .NET Framework are more reliable and secure. You need to install the
.NET Framework only if you have software that requires it.

Learn more about
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/howtoget.asp> How to
Get the Microsoft .NET Framework. (This site is in English.)

System Requirements

The .NET Framework can be installed on the following operating systems:

*       Windows 98

*       Windows 98 Second Edition (SE)

*       Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me)

*       Windows NTR 4.0 (Workstation or Server) with Service Pack 6.0a

*       Windows 2000 with the latest service pack installed
(Professional, Server, Datacenter Server, or Advanced Server)

*       Windows XP (Home Edition and Professional)

You must be running Internet Explorer version 5.01 or later for all
installations of the .NET Framework.

To install the .NET Framework, your computer must meet or exceed the
following software and hardware requirements:

Software requirements for server operating systems:
MDAC 2.6

Hardware requirements:

*       For computers running only a .NET Framework application, Pentium
90 mHz CPU with 32 MB memory or the minimum CPU and RAM required by the
operating system, whichever is higher.

*       For server operating systems, Pentium 133 MHz CPU with 128 MB
memory or the minimum CPU and RAM required by the operating system,
whichever is higher.

Recommended software:
MDAC 2.7 is recommended.

MDAC is used by excel and access - so this will speed up things a bit if
you use these intensively.

Not to worry , my powder is dry and I am fine.
Just got up, a beautiful Saturday morning and am off to walk the dog.
Have a great day.

TTFN - Vic