[pcductape] Re: Outlook Express

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:25:17 -0600

Hey Carl,
Close down OE, then do a search for .dbx on your hdd, and delete the file
called something like deleted items.dbx.  It will recreate itself when you
open OE back up.  For some reason, OE does not fully delete things.  You
can't access them through OE but they are accumulating in that file.  Also,
if you happen to notice any other folders that you once created and have
since deleted you can safely delete them too.
Also, I've heard of some glitches with OE 6.  If that is the one you are
using then you might try checking with OE for patches.

  Hi Pam,
  Hi list,

  Yes I am glued to the TV;   I am spending too much time just sitting and
watching.    What is a really big surprise to me is how many "old" people
are in the area (Middle East) doing "Live" reports of the War in Iraq.
Olive North for Fox News; Ted Koppel for NBC News; and others I can't
remember.    Why?   Ted Koppel owns a $40 million home in Maryland and
probably makes millions in salary each year doing his late night news.   Why
go to a war zone?

  Computer:   I do have a nagging issue that I live with but I would love to
fix.   I do a lot of copy & paste from the Internet to Outlook Express.
I've noticed lately that about 75% of the time, when I copy from the
Internet and then start a new message in Outlook Express and paste the
article into Outlook Express and then later I want to add stuff to the
message, like my personal remarks, The darn program crashes;   not Windows;
just Outlook Express.   Of course I can reload it but I've lost my message.
Anyone with any suggestions?