[pcductape] Now is URL Spoofing, Was - RE: Re: Can anyone tell me what this means?

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:06:24 +0200

Lisa and Pam

What I am saying is that someone with evil content can write an URL that
says something in your email or browser but the underlying code will take
you elsewhere [this is spoofing a URL] So, typing in the correct URL by hand
will not take you to the spoofed address.

TTFN - Vic

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty,
to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better;