[pcductape] Re: Norton aggravation

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 08:52:05 -0600

I can highly recommend Trend's PC-Cillin.  One time fee, no yearly renewal,
rated #1 (#1 spot is determined by effectiveness and can be shared with
other products who are equally as effective) in protection for 7 or 8 years
straight. Excellent customer support (I've talked to them on the phone).
Easy to use. They have a firewall included too, if you want to use it.
I agree with Carl, in that I've heard more complaints and problems with
Norton/Symantec than any other AV company.  And believe it or not they are
not always rated #1 for protection either. If they don't care enough to
provide support or be there for their customers.....

There are 2 free AV's. AntiVir and AVG. Both are decent, AntiVir often rates
higher than AVG. I would look up the URL's but I'm running behind.  I should
have left here 10 minutes ago.

Whooooooshhhhh !

Good luck with whatever you choose.