[pcductape] Re: Norton aggravation

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <Siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 02:48:44 -0600

Bob,

Been there, tried that. They have all sorts of completely useless automated
online "support" and they include a number which is not a toll free number
as well as their charges for answering any support questions over the phone.
If it is going to be expensive just to find out why their interface will not
accept my renewal payment, I am trying to find out if it will be less
expensive to simply purchase the 2004 software outright rather than renew. I
have spent the last two days trying to find  reliable contact information
for Norton at their site. I did all of that before writing pcductape.

I was interested in finding if anyone was around with experience using
Norton's and Zone Alarm's full range of services thinking that it might be
smarter to use only one.

Jan