[pcductape] Re: New related problem? Logitech Mouse

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lisa Schnepf <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:06:59 -0600

Hi Lisa,

Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 11:33:03 AM, you wrote:

LS>   I don't know much about the registry - Once I find these
LS> things, how do I turn off the policy?

In most cases, if the value is 1, change it to zero, and vice versa.
Make a note of which you change, so that you can change it back in
case it doesn't work. You *should* not have to restart the computer
after making the change, but if you find something that you think
might be it, but changing it doesn't work, restart just in case.

LS>   I just installed Fullshot 6 (I used to use it before
LS> reformatting with no problem). I wanted to be able to take a
LS> screenshot to show you what is going on, but Fullshot isn't
LS> working right, either. I am ready to throw this computer through

For a screenshot (without Fullshot), hit the PrtSc key, then go to
your email or paint program and paste. To get just the current window,
hit Alt-PrtSc.

LS> it is SUPPOSED to look like under version 9.75. Now that I'm able
LS> to send a picture, does it make any sense to anyone? Please let me
LS> know what to do, if you have any idea what I'm talking about. The
LS> very last thing is my actual mouse. Thanks for your help.

What happened to the Wheel and Hardware tabs?  There should at
least be a Hardware tab.

Do you have a Hardware tab under Keyboard, or under Sounds and
Multimedia?  If not, then a policy is turning it off; check this out:

Check this out too; it talks about wheels not being detected:

Take a look at our homepage at http://pc-ductape.home.comcast.net/