[pcductape] Networking question

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:44:51 -0600

Hi Group,

I restored my host computer and now I cannot get to folders in "My Network
Places" although I can see them from both computers.   The error message is
\\Downstairs is not accessible.   You might not have permission to use this
network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
have access permissions.  The network path was not found."   This error message
is on both computers.   The host computer is a Windows XP Home operating system
and the second computer is a Windows XP Professional operating system.

I am the administrator and I rebooted both computers and log in as the
administrator.   Any suggestions?