[pcductape] Re: Networking question

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:45:50 -0700

Hi Carl,
I had a similar problem where it was assigning a number out of the realm xp uses
automatically, which may be your case also.

You need to do a properties on your connection under start, connect to,
Right click your connection and left click properties.
It's under network tab. Make sure you fill in the dns server, which is the same
as the main computers. 192.168.0.1

Make it 192.168.0.3  .

Your system will likely work better if you make your main computer 192.168.0.1,
as that is the one that xp likes best for some auto reasons I've forgotten.I'd
make number two 192.168.0.2.
If you do this make sure your dns server settings are set to the main computer's
IP address, 192.168.0.1.