[pcductape] Networking question

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 15:30:35 -0500

Hey Guys,

I have 3 computers networked on my home system and computers #1 & 2 have
Windows XP Professional and Computer #3 has Windows XP home.   I use
computer 1 to connect to the Internet via cable modem and Computer 2
connects to Internet via Router off cable modem.    Computer 3 also is
connected to the router.   However Computer 3 will not connect to the
Internet even though the "2computers" icon is on.   All 3 computers obtain
IP addresses under Internet Protocol as Address Type: DHCP.   The IP Address
for the 3 computers are:

Computer 1)- IP Address: 192.168.1.101 - connects ok to Internet
 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
 Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Computer 2)- IP Address: 192.168.1.100 - connects ok to Internet
 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Computer 3)- IP Address: 169.254.114.139 - WILL NOT CONNECT
 Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
 Default Gateway: ....none

All 3 computers are configured to allow the system to assign the IP address
automatically.    It is apparent that computer 3 is not assigning IP address
correctly.   How do I fix that?

Carl
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx